Pulse Asia on Friday released a list of personalities who have “a statistical chance of winning if the May 2007 senatorial elections were held today.”
1) former Senator Legarda (48.6%)
Should Loren runs for senator, would it mean she’s abandoning her claim to the vice-presidency?
2) Senator Francis N. Pangilinan (39.0%)
Ellen Tordesillas says Kiko hasn’t apologized to the people yet for his role in the 2004 congressional canvassing, wherein he and Raul Gonzalez kept on just saying “noted” whenever allegations of cheating against Arroyo’s camp were raised.
3) Senator Panfilo M. Lacson (34.9%)
He is reportedly forming a grand opposition coalition for 2007. Now that other presidentiables Poe and Roco are gone, he and Bro. Eddie should coordinate more.
4) Senator Manuel B. Villar, Jr. (34.2%)
His wife was notably absent during the plenary voting on the impeachment. Is the Villar couple back in Arroyo’s camp?
5) Senator Ralph G. Recto (33.1%)
Ate Vi’s reportedly not running next year. Let’s see if Ralph will.
6) former Senator Vicente C. Sotto III (31.0%)
One of the 11 Hudas of People Power 2 is trying to stage a comeback! Is the Filipino’s collective amnesia getting worse?
7) Atty. Aquilino Pimentel III (29.9%)
Will he replace his father?
8) Taguig-Pateros Representative Alan Peter S. Cayetano (29.5%)
Will he join his sister in the Senate? Looks like his constant media exposure during the impeach attempt worked for his benefit.
9) former Senator Greogorio B. Honasan (27.7%)
Another member the 11 Hudas of People Power 2–and a leader of the bloody 1989 coup– is trying to stage a comeback!
10) San Juan Mayor JV Ejercito-Estrada (23.8%)
Are we going to have three Estradas in the Senate?
11) Ilocos Norte Representative Imee R. Marcos (23.1%)
Will the dictator’s daughter be a senator, too?
12) former Senator John Henry Osmeña (22.7%)
Another member the 11 Hudas of People Power 2 is trying to stage a comeback!
Given the survey’s margin of error of +/- 3 percentage points, the following probable senatorial candidates also have a statistical chance of winning, says Pulse Asia:
1) Tarlac Representative Benigno C. Aquino III (21.8%)
Is the Filipino worth running for?
2) Senator Luisa P. Estrada (21.7%)
Are we going to have three Estradas in the Senate talaga?
3) Senator Joker P. Arroyo (21.0%)
He isn’t joking.
4) Senator Edgardo J. Angara (20.9%)
Ah, he’s still around pa pala.
5) House Minority Floor Leader Francis G. Escudero (20.2%)
We thought Chiz would get a higher ranking.
6) former Senator Francisco S. Tatad (18.9%)
Another member the 11 Hudas of People Power 2–and the very same person who rea Marco’s Proclamation 1081–is trying to stage a comeback! Is the Filipino’s collective amnesia getting worse na talaga?
7) Presidential Chief of Staff Michael T. Defensor (18.7%)
St. Michael, please save us from Mike.
8) Muntinlupa Representative Rozzano Rufino B. Biazon (18.5%)
Pulse asia noted that ” most of these individuals are affiliated with the political opposition, although given the fluidity of the country’s situation, the political affiliation of these individuals may still change between today and May 2007. “